Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
What's New / Vector File Thumbnail Creator V1 has been released
« Last post by The Wizard on 20 March 2018, 02:16:11 »
It will batch convert the selected files to bitmap thumbnails in the specified folder.

The four file types that are supported are FCM (Brother, Scan and Cut), GSD/GST (Graphtec, Craft ROBO), Studio/Studio3 (Silhouette America, Silhouette Studio), and Making Memories Slice, BN, DN, MN, and SN.

The file conversion rate is dependant on the PC processor speed and also on the file size and complexity of the vector drawing.

FCM                   29,376 to 113,276 files per hour
GSD/GST            7,094 to 29,794 files per hour
Studio/Studio3   5,040 to 27,597 files per hour

Any supported vector file can be dragged and dropped onto the application, and the preview image displayed. The displayed image can also be saved.

Note: - The whole of the drawing will be converted, and not just what is on the virtual mat.

For more information, see

This is available for download at

New Features
  • The Cloud library entries can now be extracted.
  • A menu item in the help menu to the location of the Silhouette Studio Library files.
  • The file extension of the library entry name has been added in the Library Entries.
  • The progress bar is updated when the Cloud Library Entries are being read in.
  • New category descriptions for 'Printable Pattern' and 'eBook' category types.
Issues Fixed
  • All the files in the folders of the destination folder were being searched to see if the folder was empty, and was taking too long. Fixed.
  • A JPEG file type was not detected. Fixed.
  • Some of the preview thumbnails in the Studio Library Entry are 300 x 300 pixels, whilst others are 100 x 100 pixels. The picture thumbnail preview box did no show the image at the correct size. Fixed.
  • Some Cloud Library Entry names in the tree-view list had a file extension. Removed the file extension from the Cloud Library Entry name. Fixed.
Improvements Made
  • Removed the comma at the end of the keywords list for Non-cloud Library Entries.
  • Added a spaced between the commas fro Cloud Library Entry keywords.
  • The time taken to un-check all the extracted library entries in the tree-view list.
Questions and Answers / Re: using desdop interface
« Last post by The Wizard on 05 March 2018, 10:18:35 »
Does this error message only appear when you try to convert, or when connecting to the online converter?

If you can connect to the online converter, can you view your account details (menu->account->details)?

Can you convert files by loggin into the web based converter?

Questions and Answers / using desdop interface
« Last post by caravanner on 05 March 2018, 04:52:01 »
I have purchased the desktop interface to online converter which allowed me to convert 15 files but now every time I try to use the tool I keep getting the message "cannot connect to online converter, conversions terminated" What am I doing wrong?
Support / Re: WHATS THIS MEANS please!
« Last post by The Wizard on 01 February 2018, 15:20:45 »
You have tried to convert the same file, after you have just converted that file.

If you choose another file to convert, then the file that gave the warning message again, it will convert OK.

<File Location> <<Convert to SVG>> OK
<File Location> <<Convert to SVG>> The same file has been selected twice in succession...

Support / WHATS THIS MEANS please!
« Last post by chiqui on 01 February 2018, 14:09:30 »
please  i have this message  when i want to convert a Silhouette file to svg

""The same file has been selected twice in succession, or the page has been refreshed.""

Do you know what happen? how can i solve  PLEASEE! :-\
Cutter Controller can read SVG files, and export them as FCM

It still may not stop the problem of all the shapes in the drawing being grouped.

Brother have imposed an artificial limitation on the number of shapes a drawing (300 or 600 for the machine, and 1000 for Canvas) can have, so has decided not to have an un-grouped function for imported files.

With an SVG file, you could try un-grouping them and saving them, before importing into the ScanNCut.

Support / The Scan n cut machines interpretation of svg file objects as a group
« Last post by Richard on 29 January 2018, 10:52:47 »
Hi, I think there is a possible need for a svg to fcm converter too.

If you take an svg via usb into the ScanNCut machine it groups all the objects and refuses to recognise them as anything but one object.

The same file converted to fcm by importing into Canvas works without this issue.

With you understanding of what differs between fcm & svg do you think there is either a way of getting around this and staying with the svg format or is conversion always going to be required in the cases where object manipulation is desirable (I.e. positioning objects to best use an already partially used bit of cutting material or using the machines ability to sort objects to squeeze the most out of material)

Any input would be wonderful !!

Many thanks for such a useful converter.

Support / Re: starting FCM viewer by two times clicking the .fcm file
« Last post by The Wizard on 26 January 2018, 14:55:32 »
The FCM Thumbnail Viewer was never designed to open FCM files, but FCM files can be dragged and dropped onto the viewer.

Support / starting FCM viewer by two times clicking the .fcm file
« Last post by Koosvm on 26 January 2018, 14:12:11 »

today I downloaded the fcm viewer. It's a nice little program, but I'm missing the possibility to click two times on the .fcm filename for opening the viewer.

I tried to specify the viewer.exe fil as the default programm for the .fcm file type, but that didn't exist.
If specified the .fcm type in the registry. Now clicking two times on the file name is opening the progran but doesn't show thw thunbnail.

How can I get the thumbnail showed in this manner.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10